Wednesday, February 3, 2010

HEMAN gift set for the Kitchen
















2 friends, and family members, just bought their first house. And even though Justin says people don't like homemade gifts, I don't like giving store bought gifts. As a joint Housewarming/Birthday present, I made this set of things for their kitchen. Personally, I feel like it is perfect for them. There are 2 dishtowels, that I made the same way as the Strawberry Shortcake ones that are in my kitchen, but instead, I used blue dishtowels to start, and HeMan fabric for the strip. There are 5 cloth napkins that I made folling the pattern in Heather Ross' book, "Weekend Sewing." And to put them in, I used another pattern for the book, for a drawstring bag. It's great, because it isn't so much a pattern as instructions, so I made it the size I wanted.

I didn't even use half of the bed sheet that the fabric came from, and I only paid 2 dollars for the plain dishtowels, not too bad, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment