Friday, January 8, 2010

Trying to Start Them Young




















I am boycotting Walmart. After 3 bad visits in a month, I have had enough. I am resorting to finding the things I shopped for at Walmart at other places. There is a fabric store in town that is locally owned. They have a better selection of fabric and supplie, but they are more expensive and not near any other store I need to go to. But after getting charged $12.50 for a 12 cent piece of ribbon, then spending 45 minutes sorting out the problem, I went to "Foam and Fabric" out of spite. I found this Strawberry Shortcake fabric, it was made in 2005, but has the older, 80s version, on it. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but I wanted it. I decided to make my neice another blanket to put away until her birthday in August. Of course after I finished it, I remembered I have another neice (in-law) around the same age who's birthday is in February, so I am making another one for her. I haven't sewn anything since I was pregnant with my son, who is now 3 1/2. It could have ended up a lot worse, but all in all, I am okay with the way it turned out. I think my sister will like it, since we used to watch Strawberry Shortcake when I was younger. I remember I had some SSC pajamas, that were of course hand-me-downs, from her, that I loved. If only I had a pattern/skill/time/ability to make some for my neice. By the way, her name is Annalee, hence the "A" that I haphazardly applied.












No comments:

Post a Comment